Punch Drunk Dynasty
Punch Drunk Dynasty is a 12 team league that features large rosters, annual developmental drafts, and multiple prize opportunities. We are looking for pro players willing to commit to a dynasty league. Punch Drunk Dynasty will take place on the MyFantasyLeague platform. League entry is first-come-first-serve.
THE LEAGUE IS FULL
– Global Rules –
ALL DUE DATES DO NOT APPLY TO START UP YEAR
Punch Drunk Dynasty teams are reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis. All unpaid Franchises are to remain available for prospective owners to purchase. The Kommish reserves the right to deny or revoke league entry or reentry.
FRANCHISE RESERVATION: Due Date – April 1st
Each season beyond the inaugural season there is a non-refundable $25 reservation fee to reserve a Punch Drunk Dynasty Franchise.
FRANCHISE FEE: Due Date – June 1st
Franchise owners are required to pay the $100 Franchise Fee in full by June 1st each season. The total entry cost for each year is $125 ($25 Res. Fee + $100 Entry Fee) and the league prize fund is based on this entry. Like any league, Punch Drunk Dynasty has occasional turnover. This fee deadline provides ample time to returning owners and The Kommish to recruit new owners into the league if necessary. Additionally, this rule allows new owners to purchase the unpaid franchises starting June 2nd each season to insure that they have sufficient time to prepare for the upcoming draft.
QB: 1, RB: 2, WR: 3, TE: 1, Flex (RB/WR/TE): 1, K: 1
DL: 2, LB: 2, DB: 2
STARTUP DRAFT: Inaugural season only
In the inaugural season of Punch Drunk Dynasty there will be a Startup Draft that will take place in the month of July during the time in which the Rookie/Free Agent draft will take place in future seasons. Unclaimed teams will autodraft and those teams will be claimed by owners as they come in. This draft will be an Online Long-Running Draft.
ANNUAL DEVELOPMENTAL DRAFT:
Each season beyond the inaugural season there will be a mandatory 10 round developmental draft consisting of the rookie and free agent player pool. The draft order is set to “Worst-to-First” based off of the previous season’s final standings. This draft will be an Online Long-Running Draft. (See STARTUP DRAFT above for inaugural season draft) that will take place in the month of July. There will be an 8 hour draft timer for each pick (timer is off from 12:00am-7:00am ET). Between the beginning of the draft until the PRESEASON CUT DEADLINE the max roster size will be 50 in order to accommodate the trading of draft picks. If there are draft related issues during the draft, please contact The Kommish.
WORST-TO-FIRST DRAFT ORDER:
The draft order is set according to the following criteria:
- “Last Pick” goes to the current League Champion (winner in the previous season’s Championship Game)
- “Next to Last Pick” goes to the current Runner-Up (runner-up in the previous season’s Championship Game)
- Playoff Teams: Draft order for playoff teams are ordered in reverse order of their previous season playoff finish. (See LEAGUE SCHEDULE & PLAYOFFS FORMAT below)
PRESEASON CUT DEADLINE: September 1st; 12:00pm ET
Following the draft rosters may be as large as 50 players until the PRESEASON CUT DEADLINE on September 1st. At this deadline rosters must be cut down to meet the required 40 player max roster size for the regular season.
PRESEASON WAIVER PERIOD:
A lot of things can change between the draft and the beginning of the season, and for that reason we have a Preseason Waiver period in which waiver claims for players may be processed during a short window prior to the beginning of the regular season. This waiver period will take place during the week leading up to Week 1 of the regular season each year.
LEAGUE SCHEDULE & PLAYOFFS FORMAT:
The schedule is randomized on August 1st each year. There is one division of 12 teams. Each team will play every other team once and two teams twice (Teams played in Weeks 1 and 2 will be repeats in Weeks 12 and 13).
The top six teams will advance to the playoffs in Week 14 with the following format:
- Week 14: The #1 and #2 seeds get a first round playoff bye. #3 Seed versus #6 Seed, and #4 Seed versus #5 Seed.
- Week 15: Winner of #4/#5 Matchup versus #1 Seed, and Winner of #3/#6 Matchup versus #2 Seed. 1st Round Losers play each other to determine 5th and 6th Place.
- Week 16: 2nd Round Winners play to determine 1st and 2nd Place. 2nd Round Losers play each other to determine 3rd and 4th Place.
LEAGUE SEASON CALENDAR:
|Select Keepers||Jul 01||12:00 PM|
|Temporary Roster Increase to 60||Jul 01||12:00 PM|
|Rookie/FA Draft (Long Running)||Jul 02||10:00 AM|
|Preseason Cut Deadline (Roster to 40)||Jul 01||12:00 PM|
|Waiver Request||Sun before Wk 1||01:30 PM|
|First Come, First Served Waivers||Wed each week||07:00 PM|
|No Trades Allowed||Nov 26||07:00 PM||Apr 01||12:00 AM|
|No Waivers Allowed||Kickoff of Week 17|
WAIVERS & FREE AGENCY:
Each franchise is allowed a maximum of 5 Waiver Claims per week. Punch Drunk Dynasty uses a season-long Rolling Waiver Wire that starts in the reverse order of the draft. Waiver priority may not be traded. The Waiver Request period opens on Sundays at 1:30pm (ET) each week, allowing owners to bid on players up to 5 rounds. Waivers are then processed on Wednesdays at 7:00pm (ET) after which a First-Come-First-Serve Free Agency period is available until the following Sunday at 1:00pm. The 7:00pm processing time allows franchise owners to make last minute waiver claim adjustments based on Wednesday NFL injury reports. This repeats for the entire season. Dropped players may be picked up or requested via waiver reqeust and are subject to waivers rules. Players may not be acquired or be subject to waiver request between kickoff of their weekly game and the end of games for that week. Franchises may not coordinate waiver picks (i.e. Bidding on a player that is not yet a free agent due to prior knowledge). Waivers/Free Agency close for the season at kickoff of Week 17.
Note: Owners may not make Waiver/Free Agency claims on a player between kickoff of that player’s weekly game and the end of games that week.
Due to the volatility of IR status changes, owners will occasionally violate the “Status” portion of the IR rule. If this occurs, the owner will be “Suspended” by the system briefly until the roster is made legal. Suspension means limited access to the site. Simply make the appropriate IR/Roster moves to make your roster legal, then the system will restore full access to the site.
Player trades and trading of future draft picks are allowed. Future draft picks may only be traded for up to 2 years into the future, and franchises may have no more than 3 picks per round at a maximum.
MyFantasyLeague gets scoring statistics from the Elias Sports Bureau (the official Statistician of the NFL). Occasionally, the Elias Sports Bureau makes official statistics changes after a week’s games have been completed. In the Punch Drunk Dynasty league all scoring is considered final each week on Thursday mornings when the Elias Sports Bureau issues its final report. Scoring/Stat changes are automatically applied at that time and shall be accepted by all franchise owners as final. See specific league scoring rules here.
REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS/PLAYOFF TIEBREAKERS
League standings are determined by overall record, then total points, then head-to-head record, then a coin toss. During the regular season, ties will remain ties. In the event of a tie in the playoffs, the winner is determined by head-to-head offensive skill position totals (QB + RB 1 + RB 2 + WR 1 + WR 2 +WR 3 + Flex 1 + Flex 2), and then by a coin toss. Ties are broken manually by The Kommish.
NO “TANKING” RULE:
Punch Drunk Dynasty league expects franchise owners to field a competitive, complete lineup each week. Starting intentionally substandard lineups in order to help another franchise gain an easy victory is NOT ALLOWED. We are playing for prize money and for fun, so all teams are expected to earn their victories. “Tanking” is considered unethical behavior and is subject to removal from the league or other punishment. Anyone that suspects “Tanking” should contact The Kommish so it can be evaluated for rules violation (See RULES VIOLATIONS below)
NO COLLUSION RULE:
Related to the “No ‘Tanking'” rule above, franchise owners are not to engage in collusion with other owners. There are a number of ways in which collusion could occur such as unbalanced trades, “Tanking”, etc. Collusion is considered unethical behavior and is subject to removal from the league or other punishment. Anyone that suspects collusion should contact The Kommish so it can be evaluated for rules violation (See RULES VIOLATIONS below)
The Kommish will evaluate league activity for rules violation if he has been notified of suspicious activity. Should a franchise violate a rule or us the system in an unethical manner:
- Bring it to the attention of The Kommish via email.
- If it is an obviously accidental rules violation, The Kommish will:
- Correct the infraction if possible.
- Otherwise, a league poll will be issued to determine the correction.
- If it appears to be intentional unethical behavior, The Kommish will:
- Issue a warning on the 1st offense.
- Correct the infraction if possible.
- Otherwise, a league poll will be issue to determine the correction.
- If it is a 2nd offense, The Kommish will BAN the offending franchise owner. That owner may no longer participate in Punch Drunk Dynasty.
BLIND FRANCHISE RULES/WAIT LIST:
If a franchise owner quits, no-shows, or is banned from the league, that franchise will be offered to the first person on the “Wait List”. Should that list be exhausted, a “Blind Team” will be managed by The Kommish as per the following rules to help maintain a competitive balance in the league, and to preserve the value of the “Blind Team” while searching for a new franchise owner. The Blind Team rule is retroactive to the first date of missed lineup submission.
- Blind Team starters will be determined by the highest weekly average at each position, and must be classified as “Probable” or better. The Kommish may decide to start a player that is injured worse than “probable” based on reasonable speculation that the “starter” will play.
- Should a Blind Team starter become injured worse than probable, his best backup will be inserted. The Kommish may decide to start a player that is injured worse than “probable” based on reasonable speculation that the “starter” will play.
- If a Blind Team player becomes classified as “Doubtful” or worse, that player will be placed on IR if possible and the highest rated free agent that is classified as “Probable” or better at that position will be claimed via the waiver wire. When the IR player is no longer qualified to be on IR, the acquired free agent is waived and the IR player is re-activated. The Kommish may decide to waive either player based on reasonable speculation of a player’s future value.
- If a Blind Team’s player becomes classified as “Out for the remainder of the season”, that player will be waived and the highest rated free agent at that position will be picked up via the waiver wire. The Kommish may decide to place the injured player on IR based on reasonable speculation of a player’s future value.
- If a Blind Team has no eligible starters at a given position, the lowest rated “backup” player on the roster will be waived and the highest rated free agent at the needed position will be claimed via the waiver wire and will start. The Kommish may decide to waive a different player based on reasonable speculation of a player’s future value.
1st Place: $610 + PDW T-Shirt + Sponsor Prize TBA
2nd Place: $270
3rd Place: $120
4th Place: $75
5th Place: $50
6th Place: $25
Coach of the Year: $25*
Reg. Season Winner: $25
Weekly Skins: $130 ($10 per week)**
* Coach of the Year is the franchise with the most total regular season points.
** Skins target amounts are calculated by taking the sum of the high score from the previous 2 regular season weeks and dividing by 2 (Example: If Week 1 high score is 200 and Week 2 high score is 250, then the Week 3 Skin target will be 225).
League settings and global rules are subject to change by The Kommish. In the event that a setting or rule requires changing the league will be notified in advance.
OTHER DETAILS for FRANCHISE OWNERS:
- Franchise Logo & Icon Templates (zip archive w/ .psd files)
- Icons need to be 300×50; Logos look best at 850×142 square
- League Rules page on MFL
- Scoring Details