- IDP Woes: Arizona’s Darnell Dockett out for 2014 season with torn ACL
- IDP Woes: Broncos LB Danny Trevathan out 6-8 weeks with fractured knee
- IDP Mock Draft Analysis: ADP Top 200 through 20 mocks
- 3-4 Inside Linebackers to watch in 2014
- 2014 Preseason IDP Rankings (7/29)
- Fantasy IDP Best Practices
- 2014 IDP Defensive Backs: Who do I love?
- IDP Woes: Bills LB Kiko Alonso will miss 2014 season with torn ACL
- 2014 IDP Linebackers: Who do I love?
- Linebackers who could benefit from injury/suspension circumstance in 2014
Randy Moss best wide receiver ever?
- Updated: January 29, 2013
It’s Media Day leading up to Super Bowl XLVII and everyone in the media has been hoping for some standout material from some of the game’s participants. Thank you, Randy Moss. In his Media Day appearance Moss made it clear that he feels that he’s greatest wide receiver to play the game.
I don’t really live on numbers. I live on impact and what you’re able to do out on the field. I really do think I’m the greatest receiver to ever play this game.
There’s no doubt that Moss has been a huge figure on the wide receiver landscape in his 14 seasons in the NFL. In many ways he opened the door for the big physical archetype at the receiver position. That said, his place in history is up for debate. I’m sure Jerry Rice would have some things to say about Randy’s sentiments.
Randy Moss Career Stats
Statistics of note
Receptions: 982 (#9 All-Time)
Receiving Yards: 15,292 (#3 All-Time)
Receiving Touchdowns: 156 (#2 All-Time)
Updated (2/1/2013): Michael Silver had a great article on this topic entitled, Best wide receiver ever: Jerry Rice vs. Randy Moss. It’s worth checking out. One of my favorite bits was the this comment from a reader:
With that kind of speed, height, and talent, if Moss had the work ethic of Jerry Rice, he would have been….Calvin Johnson.
Kelly Smelser is Owner/Senior Writer for Punch Drunk Wonderland and PDFantasy Sports. Architect of the PDW fantasy football world and general spinster of NFL and Fantasy Football news and analysis. Long walks on the beach, sunsets, and other such niceties are also fine...